In our previous post, I discussed a bit about what lies in the immediate future for this Unity asset.
Well, I’m glad to be able to announce that the first update has already been published to the Unity Asset store! This first update includes a number of visual improvements, including but not limited to:
- More accurate texture sampling
- Tweaking of texture contribution falloff with distance to galactic plane, greatly reducing vertical line artifacts
- Tweaks to shader parameter ranges, making configuration easier
- Stochastic noise almost completely eliminated.
- Eliminated ray offset miscalculation which caused strange artifacts when moving close to and into the volume.
- Added an all new galaxy to the pack, BX442!
Some of these changes can be clearly seen in the screenshot below:
…and keep your eyes peeled; there’s already yet another update in the pipe!